Happy Kids Dental Zero Tolerance Policy
Happy Kids Dental takes it very seriously if a member of staff or one of the clinical team is treated in an abusive or violent way.
To successfully provide our services a mutual respect between all the staff and patients has to be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances. They would respectfully remind patients that very often staff could be confronted with a multitude of varying and sometimes difficult tasks and situations, all at the same time. The staff understand that ill patients or they carriers do not always act in a reasonable manner and will take this into consideration when trying to deal with a misunderstanding or complaint.
However, aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Practice list.
In order for the practice to maintain good relations with their patients, the practice would like to ask all its patients to read and take note of types of behaviour that will be found unacceptable:
- Verbal abuse which includes shouting, using bad language or swearing at practice staff
- Any physical violence towards any member of the team
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice's premises, staff or patients
- Obtaining medical services fraudulently
Removal from the practice list
A good patient-doctor relationship, based on mutual respect and trust, is the cornerstone of good patient care. The removal of patients from our list is an exceptional and rare event and is a last resort in an impaired patient-practice relationship. When trust has irretrievably broken down, it is in the patient’s interest, just as much as that of the practice, that they should find a new practice.