Extra precautionary measures against COVID-19 at Happy Kids Dental
Due to COVID-19 global outbreak we have now reduced our services.
Our phone lines will remain open for your questions and concerns. If you have a dental emergency during our closing, please call our practice at 020 7078 0822 between 10 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday and we will respond as quickly as possible. You can also email us and we will be more than happy to help.
At Happy Kids Dental, we have always followed standard universal precautions issued by the CDC and BDA to help protect every one of our patients and team members from the many infectious diseases that we are potentially exposed to on a daily basis. When we are eventually able to reopen our doors for all routine appointments, we will continue to enact an even higher standard of infection-control until this health risk is fully resolved.
We care about each of you and hope that you and your family will remain in good health during this difficult time.
We have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of recent updates, we are taking a series of extra precautionary measures to ensure that you can continue to receive happy, safe services:
If you have travelled abroad in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus please check the gov.uk website for the latest COVID-19 travel advice, you may need to call NHS 111 for further advice before making or attending your appointment.
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
To find out what to do if you think you have symptoms, please visit Coronavirus symptom checker.
For up to date information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) visit the UK Department of Health and Social Care.
The NHS is well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases and has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal. Check online at gov.uk and at nhs.uk for advice on your travel and contact history and the latest COVID-19 information before attending the dental practice.
What we did:
- New COVID-19 practice policy is implemented and all clinicians follow The Public Health England guidance on COVID-19 precocious
- A new telephone script is implemented to screen for potential symptoms/concerns before the appointment
- A notice board is at the reception states the information on COVID-19. All patients can read/screen symptoms before the appointment
- Hand sanitisers are available for you at any time
- All commonly used areas are wiped with disinfectant thoroughly at least twice a day. These include all door handles around the reception, play area, lift buttons, card machines, etc.
- All non-essentials (magazines, soft toys, iPads) are removed from the waiting areas to reduce the cross-contamination risk
- We provide masks for the patients who request a face mask
- Our hours of operation are reduced to avoid the rush hour – to maintain the safety of our patients and our staff
What can you do?
Of course, you – our fantastic patients – can help enormously. We don’t want to preach about maintaining good personal hygiene, everyone has heard enough of that already! However, other small things can really help too. For example:
- Wash hands thoroughly immediately when you come to the clinic and after your appointment;
- Please complete your medical appointment come on-line, to reduce your waiting time.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone you know to have COVID-19 symptoms, be cautious and self-isolate for the recommended period;
- Look after your immune system by eating and drinking sensibly during this outbreak
We will ensure that our clinics are places in which you can continue to safely have your dental treatment.
Friends, family and community spirit are critical at times like this. As we rise to this challenge, we thank you for your understanding and support!